Options

Reimaging the Mars rover

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
This one has got to be the king of long distance reformat operations. Any volunteers to go physically check the machine if ti doesn't come back up? icon_smile.gif

NASA prepares for serious sysadmin work – reimaging Opportunity Rover out on MARS! | Naked Security

Memory Reformat Planned for Opportunity Mars Rover - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Better do it before it becomes sentient.....
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    "Please insure you have a fully charged battery and Do Not power off Rover during firmware upgrade, Interruption of upgrade may prevent systems booting and will require physical access to the device to recover. Do you want to continue??"
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Kudo's to these guys! I know I use to freak out big time when imaging machines and that with me sitting right next to them. Could only imagine being so far away and doing it...
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    I'll be honest I saw this post and thought I was seeing a Big Bang Theory flashback...
  • Options
    Adam BAdam B Member Posts: 108 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The post gave me a good laugh. Imagine if it doesn't boot back up XD. Definitely nice learning how flash memory actually works, never knew that flash memory could physically and literally wear away. Interesting stuff, good post cyber
    2015 Goals: CCNP SWITCH [] SEC+ [ ] CCNP ROUTE [ ] CCNP TSHOOT [ ]