Options

My first year in IT

--chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
One year ago today I received a call about an internship. I have been an intern, helpdesk, desktop and finally Jr Joat.

I feel like Neo from the Matrix, after he unplugs for the first time "I know kung fu"....I hope that the next 12 months bring as many new things as the first 12 months did. I don't want this learning curve to level off!

I have spent the last 12 months in this uncomfortable zone; "the deep end". Not really to certain what is up and what is down, how things work or why they work. Last week I just started to feel like I can hold my head up, like I know for certain why things do what they do. Its hard to explain, but I am feeling confident. This is not something I have felt since I started into IT...and for awhile I wasn't certain if feeling confident and working in IT was something that could go together lol.

I feel obligated to thank many of the members here on TE, I have received some great advice and sound suggestions. I cant thank all of you individually, but I mean it. Thanks!

The celebration thread from a year ago:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/92975-first-interview.html

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I love the link back to remember where you came from! I hope to be in a similar situation in a year or two. I'm not rushing it but I do look forward to getting thrown in the deep end someday and learning to swim. I have not switched careers yet but I give everyone the same advice. Once you are given your first opportunity make the best of it!

I look forward to seeing another update next year.
    Jon