Options

Sunflower pdf?

5502george5502george Member Posts: 264
Just out of curiousity, how many sucessful CISSP's out there used this document as one of thier study guides?

On a scale of 1-10, how effective was it?

Comments

• Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used it in the final stages of my preparation to make sure I was familiar with the topics. Not all of the things on the PDF are still tested, and not all of the tested things are on the PDF, but it is still a good 11th-hour reference tool. I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10 for effectiveness.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    imthatguyimthatguy Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's okay, although, I think it may be time to have it refreshed a little with some of the newer content. It definitely won't hurt, and for most of the items on the list, that's as deep (technically), as you will need to go.
  • Options
    imthatguy wrote: »
    It's okay, although, I think it may be time to have it refreshed a little with some of the newer content. It definitely won't hurt, and for most of the items on the list, that's as deep (technically), as you will need to go.

I can see alot of issues with the outdated material in it. I might add some stuff I have from my notes and make it a little more up-to-date for people to use.
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you can understand the material on the sunflower PDF from a high level, I'm sure you'll do well. The PDF was my my primary review aid that I used right up until I sat the exam.
  • Options
    TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It won't help you, if you don't know what it contains. It's just a summary of what should be read in detail. I just went through it once and picked on a couple of things, I thought I missed.
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • Options
    voodoo26voodoo26 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sunflower is just to memorise things. IMHO try to focus on your main study guide.
    2014 Goals CISSP COLOR=#008000]Passed[/COLOR, 2015 Goals CISM COLOR=#ff0000]June[/COLOR
  • Options
    It won't help you, if you don't know what it contains. It's just a summary of what should be read in detail. I just went through it once and picked on a couple of things, I thought I missed.

No I understand that. I have a very comprehensive study guide I made that's about 60 pages long and it seems that the sunflower only goes over some of the concepts, not all, and not in depth.

I just wanted to make sure that I am not wasting my time studying a doc that is not going to help in any way. I am all about time utilization at this point.