Options

Finished my MSISA at WGU!!!

coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
I had my Capstone Oral Defense Presentation last Thursday, August 28th. The only person that showed up for the presentation was the Host.....jeez, I thought it would be at least three people attending. Oh well, I am finished!!! On to my next adventure!!icon_lol.gif
"Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"

Comments

• Options
    Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
  • Options
    da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Congrats!

I know what you mean about the attendance. I actually chose to do original research and at least 5 people aside from the host showed interest and said they would attend, 2 attended... Now to figure out what to do with all of your free time.
  • Options
    puertorico1985puertorico1985 Member Posts: 205
    Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats bud! Great accomplishment!
  • Options
    moe12moe12 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! If you do not mind me asking how long did it take to complete?
  • Options
    Tom ServoTom Servo Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm also curious how long it took, and roughly how many hours a week you spent on the course materials. Also, do you felt you learned quite a bit/the curriculum was rigorous? I've very strongly considered going to WGU, but still on the fence. Any thoughts on what is next for you?
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on completing your degree!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    xinyxiny Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would be interested in how long it took as well and if studying/learning/passing the CISSP would make obtaining the MSISA much quicker?
    "Hacking is like sex. You get in, you get out, and hope that you didn't leave something that can be traced back to you."
  • Options
    daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Sir! You can now have your life back.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! Hope mine goes that smooth.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Gratz man! What was your experience? Did you find any challenges ?
    meh
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Awesome! Now what? How long did it take you? Hopefully I am right behind you.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    coffeeluvr wrote: »
    I had my Capstone Oral Defense Presentation last Thursday, August 28th. The only person that showed up for the presentation was the Host.....jeez, I thought it would be at least three people attending.

I've always wondered, what does the Oral Defense entail, and is it difficult? Were you nervous beforehand?

Grats, BTW!
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    DonDealDonDeal Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    coffeeluvr wrote: »
    I had my Capstone Oral Defense Presentation last Thursday, August 28th. The only person that showed up for the presentation was the Host.....jeez, I thought it would be at least three people attending. Oh well, I am finished!!! On to my next adventure!!icon_lol.gif

Congrats OP, 5 people showed up to my Oral but I think it was because they were curious to meet me because I finished so fast. I can't believe your student mentor didn't show up. You were working with him or her the whole time.
    Master of Public Administration - 50% complete
    Master of Science: Information Security and Assurance
  • Options
    itsgonnahappenitsgonnahappen Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your achievement!
  • Options
    traceyketraceyke Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks for all of the Congrats!!

@moe12 "If you do not mind me asking how long did it take to complete?"
    It took me two years. I could have finished in a year and a half, but work and family obligations forced me to take a break.

@Tom Servo "roughly how many hours a week you spent on the course materials." I spent ~10-20 hours a week studying...it really depended on the course and my familiarity with the material. "Also, do you felt you learned quite a bit/the curriculum was rigorous?" I did learn quite a bit from the curriculum.. I feel it is like anything in life, "You get out of it, what you put into it"

@xiny "......if studying/learning/passing the CISSP would make obtaining the MSISA much quicker?" I don't know if it would make the journey any quicker, but would definitely help with understanding some of the course material.

@kurosaki00 "What was your experience? Did you find any challenges?" I enjoyed my experience at WGU. The GIAC G2700 was my biggest challenge.

@Tprice5 "Now what? How long did it take you?" I am either going for my MBA or PhD..still undecided on what I want to do next. I am looking at a couple MBA programs and a couple PhD programs. My better half thinks I am crazy...LOL

@srabiee "I've always wondered, what does the Oral Defense entail, and is it difficult? Were you nervous beforehand?" Basically, you are presenting an overview of your Capstone report. I was nervous at first...well until I realized the host was the only one attending...LOL So, I guess I am not a good candidate to answer your question.

@DonDeal "I can't believe your student mentor didn't show up. You were working with him or her the whole time." The morning my presentation was scheduled just happened to be my Mentors busiest time of the week. I had a great relationship with my Mentor. I told him ahead of time if he could not attend it would be fine.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sadly, 1 or 2 people for Capstone presentations seems to be the norm. I think DonDeal broke a record, LOL. (I had 2)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed