Options

best way to study for A+?

SaltychipSaltychip Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone I was wondering what your thoughts on most effective way to study for A+. I built my first computer from parts i ordered on tigerdirect.com a few months ago. Now I'm wondering what is the best way to study and pass the A+ cert before the end of the year. I guess I might re-enroll in the community college IT program next semester in january but before I go back I want to get A+ certified first. I already have a book I ordered from amazon called :

CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide: Exams 220-801 and 220-802Docter, Quentin

I also looked up Professor Messer videos and will follow those along as well but since there is a lot of sections and I have free time right now to commit up to 6-8 hrs per day of studying. So I guess just read through 1 section per day maybe? I dont want to overload my brain and forget stuff if i read too much.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    The way I do it is watch the messer video first to get a good and solid intro to what you're going to read about and then read the corresponding chapter along right after that. Also, make notes after reading the book / watching the videos because it can be a lot of info to get completely familiar with.

Then finally after reading the book, if you want do a quick skim/read of the book again or just begin to read through your notes and full understand EVRYTHING. Also, print out a copy of the objectives and tick them off as you go.

Thats the the way I do it.
  • Options
    jabokimjabokim Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree with the poster above about reading through the objectives and checking off what you feel confident about