Options

ITIL - APMG Proctored Exam

staple73staple73 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Have just completed approximately 25 hours of study for ITIL Intermediate Service Operation.

I completed the sample papers and got 80% in each.

The great thing about the exam papers is this the following:

1, you can lay the scenario next to the questions (side by side)
2, You can write on the answer sheet with a positive or negative for each statement
3, look at your notes and deduce the 5,3,1, & 0 point answers

I took my APMG proctored exam yesterday and sadly failed with a 50% mark. I found it really difficult as I couldn't use any of the techniques above. With in minutes I felt stressed and on the back foot. My previously successful strategy was out of the window! It doesn't help knowing that if you fail it is going to cost approximately £200 to complete the exam again.

Does anyone have a technique they would like to share that helps with these remote proctored (online) exams.

Much appreciated - Lee

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Lee

Sorry to hear you had a disappointing result - we use online exams for all of our intermediate delegates and get some great results, so it's not insurmountable.

You do need to hold a bit more information in your head with the online exams, so make sure you get to the essence of the question to help you find that key information - what's it asking? what syllabus section is it linked to? what supporting evidence might you need?

It's a while since I've done an online exam so hopefully some others with more recent experience will be along to help soon.

Kind regards

Claire
  • Options
    staple73staple73 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Claire that's comforting to know.

I'm hoping the experience of doing it once will be enough. At least I know what to expect now, albeit at a cost.

Thanks again - Lee