Options

Duplicate Cisco ID's - Will this create problems later on?

thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
I registered for a Cisco account before I began a CCNA class (I wanted to read documents on the site and I guess you need to log in to do that).

When I enrolled in the CCNA class, my instructor created a new one for me, or I had to do the process over again, can't remember. Anyway when I requested my discount voucher, the email said the discount would apply to only to the ID associated with NetAcad.

So my question is, do I just abandon the Cisco ID I created before the CCNA class? Will there be issues in the future if they see there are two people with my name/address? Should I contact Cisco and ask them to erase the first ID?

Thanks
2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA

Comments

• Options
    tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd recommend contacting them just to be 100% sure.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    There shouldn't be any issues. Just make sure if you take any exams, you associate the certifications to only one profile. This actually happens a lot more than you think so it's not really that big of a deal. Decide which Cisco ID you want to keep permanently and stick to that one for all your future needs (certifications, education, employer associated contracts, etc)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com