What is better? Take them both on the same day or not?

rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
I'm currently studying for the MCDST because I thought it would be a good set of exams to get me back into certification study mode prior to taking on a few tougher certification exams.

My question to those that have taken either or both of the exams, is whether or not I should try to study and take both of the exams on the same day. I have completed reading the chapters on the 70-271 and am continuing to read the chapters that cover 70-272, while doing practice exams for 70-271. Should I just stop reading the 70-272, complete the practice exams for 70-271 (or at least until I'm scoring where I need to be), or continue until I'm ready to take both?

Thanks in advance for all feedback!
Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would take them seperatly, as they do have different objectives for each exam. I never recco taking more than one exam in a day. I just think you can be better focused preparing for one.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I took my exams for mcsdt 2 weeks apart, 1st 70-271, then 70-272
    I would recommend focusing on one at a time (but that's just me)
    I would say 70-272 was harder than 70-271
    70-272 there was alot of internet explorer settings
    I used the ms press books for both exams and transcenders

D-boy
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I took and passed them both on the same day, however they were more a little more difficult than I thought. So my advice would be not to take them on the same day unless you've got a lot of RECENT experience doing most of the things the objectives elude to.
  • rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    That's great feedback... I guess I'll concentrate on getting 70-271 out of the way, and then do 272 a week or two later.

Thanks guys!
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+