Options

Starting New Position - Nervous

Hey everyone,

So I recently took a Senior position with Dell Compellent and I'm starting next week. I've created this thread to sort of blow off some steam and let out my nervousness. I always get nervous starting new positions and even though this position is a big step up for me in multiple ways I'm still edgy. It's my first job working for a huge tech company and although that's been a goal of mine, at the same time it also brings up its own fears. I've done my research and obviously there's the good and bad, but they have some great company reviews and it seems like the Compellent branch that they bought out, is doing well.

Does anyone have any thoughts, advice, or experience themselves?? Possibly current or past Dell employees?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    While I can't vouch for the company itself...I can say the support is fantastic.

We use a Compellent SAN here, and the Co-Pilot engineers/technicians are always extremely knowledgeable.

Good luck and hope all goes well!
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's natural to be nervous! When I started working at my current employer I went from a small county to the big city...anyway, I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck!
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!