Options

A+ Rewrite in 2 Weeks...Enough Experience?

Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I have now 13 months of IT experience under my belt and will be rewriting the A+ in 2 weeks. Now, I was attending college for 2 years but dropped out for the time being because the Cisco and Microsoft courses are somewhat more advanced than I expected. In the course of 13 months, I started gaining experience doing a 3 month summer position at a local computer business. I was then given the opportunity to work at another computer business for 6.5 months. With 9.5 months of experience, I decided to apply at a higher level ICT Help Desk position at my local hospital. To my surprise, I got the call. However, I worked there for 3 months then my term had ended. They had another opening recently for a full time permanent position, but because I don't have my College Degree yet, I never got the job. So now, I recently started working at my local Geek Squad just to keep making income for the time being.

Heres what surprises me: The first 3 places I worked at, I didn't have my A+ yet nor did they require it (especially a hospital, really?). So now, I have been studying 7 hours a day on my days off from work at Geek Squad (part time position) using Mike Meyers videos and Sim questions. When I sat down a took the A+ for the first time last September, I had a score of 589 on the 801 and a score of 567 on the 802, which to me, was quite close to passing. Do you think I have more than enough experience to pass it this time?
Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill