Cleared to Start 10/1 B.S. Information Technology - Software/Classes and Cert Advice

ZfamilybizZfamilybiz Member Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am scheduled to start 10/1. I have zero certs but I do have AAS in Computing and Information Technology-Software. Trying to finish in 2 terms. I only have the following classes left:

CRV1 Networks

IWC1 Literature, Arts and the Humanities

IWT1 Literature, Arts and theHumanities:Analysis and Interpretation

C298 Web Programming

TXP1 Project in Introduction toProgramming

TXC1 Introduction to Programming

TYP1 Project in Introduction to

Object-Oriented Design andDevelopment

TYC1 Introduction to Object-OrientedDesign and Development

EDV1 Software I

CJV1 Database I

CTV1 Security

CUV1 Web Technologies

BNC1 Organizational Behavior andLeadership

TPV1
Project Management

Technical Writing

IT- CapstoneWritten Project

WPV1 Software II

I noticed they cleared classes for A+ since I never took test for my cert but took the class should I just let mentor know that I want to take the class? Also which classes should I try to take together to finish in a year? Thanks

Comments

• josh.armentrout1josh.armentrout1 Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For me, I was able to take all my classes in three semesters. second semester I ramped up and took 34 CU's as opposed to the wasted first semester where i took the minimum 12. I also was able to get out of intro classes (Software I, in your case) by taking the next level course (Software II, again in your case), and asking my mentor to see if she could drop the first class. I did this for two classes which helped me to not take a couple MTA exams. Your list is definitely doable in the time frame you have set yourself.
  • ZfamilybizZfamilybiz Member Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the quick response. I wonder if there is a list of classes that I could look at to determine if there are others I can do that for. It's a few classes that look close enough to be able to. And to figure out getting my A+ Cert situation.