Setting up A CCENT Lab

SyliceSylice Member Posts: 100
I want to set up a CCENT lab, but im not sure where to start or how to do it. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Browse the certification kits website advertised on the left. They have some great information to get you started.
  • Binary FreakBinary Freak Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sylice wrote: »
    I want to set up a CCENT lab, but im not sure where to start or how to do it. Any suggestions?

You could try certificationkits as mentioned, or ebay. Ideally for a CCENT lab you should have 2x 2611XM routers, and 2x 2960 Switches.

You could alternatively use GNS3:)
  • Admiral AkmirAdmiral Akmir Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the CCENT I'm not sure I would recommend a lab. If you want to get one then go for it, but don't feel like you NEED to have one to pass, because you definitely don't.

I had every intention of getting a physical lab, but it fell through and I never did, and I never regretted not having one. Packet tracer is adequate, although it is missing some commands and parameters. I think that this is more of an issue for ICND2, but I can't say for sure because I haven't started studying for that exam yet.
  • no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had a physical lab for part of my CCENT studies but gave up and just used packet tracer. I'd recommend PT because you can watch the data flow across the network and exam packets etc...
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    my CCENT/CCNA Lab consists of:

2x 1741 edge routers
    2x 2600 inter-vlan routers
    2x 3550-EMI L3 switches
    4x 2950 L2 switches
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree....I believe you can get away with a simulator with passing CCENT.