Passed CCENT!

IltalibIltalib Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I finally passed my CCENT, with 854 as my score (I know it's not high at all). Came across a couple of questions I never came across before.

I really only used the exam guidelines by Cisco, CBT Nuggets and Packet Tracer (And TechExams). It took about 3/4 weeks with some days around 3/4 hours and others went by without any study. I went through CBT's ICND1 around 1.5 times. Jeremy is brilliant at explaining and interesting to listen to, but there are some stuff that he missed out. The process of elimination helped out with the questions he missed talking about. After that, the main thing that helped was going onto packet tracer and just building full on networks and trying to include everything I learned. That kinda drilled in some of the main concepts. Also having booked my exam pushed me into studying harder, especially in the past 3/4 days. I was actually hoping to reschedule my exam yesterday, but got caught up doing other stuff and I honestly didn't think I could do it. If I went back 3/4 weeks, I definitely wouldn't have fully relied on CBT Nuggets, I would've used it complimentary to maybe Odom's book.

Now that I'm done with this, and although I know it isn't what is recommended, but I'm planning on going straight onto CCNA Security, because I feel like it. If anyone has taken this path before (CCENT->CCNA Sec), tell me how you found it. I plan on doing CCNA R&S after CCNA Sec.

Comments

• no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I would say go for R&S before Security, but that's just my two cents. Any reason why you're choosing the security path first?
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • IltalibIltalib Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!
    no!all! wrote: »
    Congrats! I would say go for R&S before Security, but that's just my two cents. Any reason why you're choosing the security path first?

Thanks no!all!, to be honest, I just feel that maybe CCNA Security would be a bit more interesting than R&S and that way I can stay more motivated for a bit longer. I honestly lack the motivation right now to do R&S for another month icon_neutral.gif. Maybe after CCNA Security I might regain interest to do the R&S.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job.

I think you should do what motivates you. Find a long term goal and that will help you focus a lot.
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Funny enough R&S is more interesting than the security material. CCNA security is mostly conceptual with some outdated material. If you're having trouble focusing then it's probably not a good idea to go for it.