Options

Vcp-nv

OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
Considering I just finished up the CCNP R&S, I am looking to new horizons where more of my interests lie (Virtualization and cloud). I was informed from someone on this forum today about NSX and decided to look into it myself. While I am more interested in getting more familiar with certain technologies inside the R&S realm (Multicast, QoS model, mainly differentiated services, and Nexus/Data Center technologies), I am even more interested in not necessarily pursuing this cert, but more so getting some work-applicable knowledge and getting comfortable working with vSphere (And NSX someday) while learning how to integrate it into my networking expertise (Data Center primarily, but also interested in OpenStack). Any advice would be appreciated.
:study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []

Comments

• Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Personally I don't think this would be a good exam to pursue as your introduction into virtualization. There isn't a lot of study material out right now so you will have to rely on reading VMware documentation, labbing and existing vSphere knowledge. A bit hard when you don't already have the last two. Not staying you can't do it but it would be a pretty huge uphill battle compared to just getting the VCP-DCV.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response