Options

Resume help please

zdczdc Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,
I am having slight problems with how to put something on my resume. Basically I am in college and have no experience of any professional work environment. However I have worked on freelancer.com doing data entry projects for quite some time. I performed projects related to data entry, copy typing/pasting and also lots of projects in which had to search hard to find data and make excel databases. It was OK money but really really stressful work but after sometime I decided that I want a career in networking so I have been studying a lot about cisco and am looking towards my first job in IT for anything related to tech support or network support i get.

Now the problem is that since this has been my only experience I want to put it on my resume as it shows some initiative. However I dont want to put too much info on all the projects I did because that might give the impression that I am not interested in networking. So how do i put this data entry work in my resume ? Should I put it under a different heading called Freelancer work or list it under standard Experience ? Also should i list each project or just a brief paragraph about everything done.
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can list it as job experience and make it simple. Worked there from x-x and did things like 'research for projects' or 'built html websites'. Your resume can have many bullets in it, so instead of putting to much into it simply make it a bullet point. Good luck!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management