Options

Passed Core Exam but 1 question was faulty

the_alpha_geekguythe_alpha_geekguy Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got 720 on the Core Exam!!

There were a few questions that were weird - one in particular that I thought was just plain wrong.

Example: How many pins for a Slot A?

Answers provided: 370

This site, as well as my Jean Andrews book and my CompTIA book by brooks says that the correct answer is 242. I was going to pick 370 because it was the lowest but then decided on 462 because i thought maybe i got Slot A pin # and Socket A pin # mixed up.

Got home and checked and it is indeed 242.

BTW, the Testout HW exam and Preplogic exam combined had maybe 4 questions word for word the same as on the real exam.

Also, i was getting around 720 +/- 10 points on Testout(convert to CompTIA score)/Preplogic exams so i think they are a good proxy of what you will accomplish.

Comments

• Options
    nick619nick619 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

Some tests let you post comments next to each question, maybe for the developers to look over.
  • Options
    Matt_SmiMatt_Smi Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hmm are you sure the test did not say Socket A, which was used with some AMD processors like the Athlon and had 462 pins. Either that or the is what the test should have said, because Slot A did indeed have 242 pins just like Slot 1 P2 and P3 processors. Anyway congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    the_alpha_geekguythe_alpha_geekguy Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    "are you sure the test did not say Socket A, "

Yup - i even wrote it down word for word. This test center gave me a paper and pencil.

I had to do a tripple take.
  • Options
    ScarletLaceScarletLace Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A toast to you the_alpha_geekguy! icon_cheers.gif

That's strange but don't worry about the test...it's in the past. icon_rendeer.gif