Options

Installing to a device that only supports GPT/EFI

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Today I was trying to install the IGEL think client to a windows8 tablet (Acer aspire switch 10)

the issue is that the software https://www.igel.com/uk/downloads/software.html install does not have an efi file in the boot image and as far as I can tell the device does not support legecy BIOS only UEFI. Imanaged to build a boot disk that gets in to basic grub, but I dont know how or if I can combine the two to get it to work.

Does any have much experince installing OS using efi files? I have no idea really where to start.
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I see a cfg file that has

,,m default linux
    prompt 1
    timeout 60
    totaltimeout 600

display help.msg
    gfxboot /boot/syslinux/bootlogo

label linux
    kernel /boot/bzImage
    append vga=3856 initrd=/boot/syslinux/initrd.gz quiet igel_syslog=quiet boot_id=IGEL_UDC_TO_140818110034

label verbose
    kernel /boot/bzImage
    append igel_syslog=verbose splash=0 boot_id=IGEL_UDC_TO_140818110034

label harddisk
    kernel /boot/chain.c32
    append hdx 0

label memtest
    linux /boot/memtest

But the efi file just seems to boot to a grub loader, how do I then get the Igel software to boot?
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.