Options

Yeahh !

EvilSkyEvilSky Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I have just passed the OS part with 571( icon_rolleyes.gif ) and Im certified.
Still I have a little doubt, on the second exam report under candidate ID I get "ID Pending" and I know it must have the same ID in both exams, and in the first one I do get an ID, so do I have to configure something through the Comptia site or is this normal?
Another thing is what cert would you recommend going for next?
Oh, and Happy new year to all :P

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

ID Pending = It just takes a day or two for the scores to filter through and your profile to update. After a week or so if it hasn't changed, give CompTIA a call or send an e-mail.

As far as what to do next, what do you use at work (or what are you working with?) If you are solely a technician, A+ maybe Server+ is all you will want. If you are working on networks, the NET+ is vendor neutral go for it. If you use MS products consider adding those. W2K if that is what you use during your day or W2K3 if you are using those. Or Cissco if your day is consumed with routers and such.

Get the certs that apply to your field. ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    vexvex Member Posts: 113
    Congrats on the pass!

I believe that A+ combined with Network+ counts as an elective towards the MCSA as does the Security+ towards the MCSE

Cheers
    Ancient Certs:
    Exam 70-064: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows® 95
    Exam 70-067: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    MSCA = Yes you can use them:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/requirements.asp

MSCE -

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.asp

You can use the Sec+ as an elective for extra endorsement.
    and
    As an alternative to the electives listed above, these Microsoft certifications may be substituted for an MCSE elective:

Microsoft Certifications
    MCSA on Microsoft Windows 2000
    MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000
    MCSE on Microsoft Windows NT 4.05

So, yes, both A+ and NET+ or A+ and Sec+ can help with the MSCA and your MSCA can act as an elective for the MCSE
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    EvilSkyEvilSky Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok, thanks a lot people, Ill give it a look.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    HavocHavoc Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job :D
    -True skill comes without effort -
  • Options
    ScarletLaceScarletLace Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lovely! icon_rendeer.gif

Time to celebrate! icon_bounce.gif