Options

anyone ever do this....

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
So I setup an SMTP server in a lab at work and I wanted to check to see if the SMTP was working so I sent an email to our support email making it look like a spoof but funny.....

Well lets just say it made like half of my NOC freak out since I put peoples name is the email but I made it like santahascoalforyouall@naughtylist.com as the MAIL FROM field.

Needless to say I sent it and then called them like 3 minutes later to ask them if they got it, well they were all in panic mode because they thought they had a virus, lol! ... they all laughed but as soon as I sent it and they realized it was me they now blocked SMTP traffic on the firewall to block this kind of traffic. :P

it made me chuckle a bit....

Comments

• Options
    Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I received an email similar to that when I was a Help Desk tech at my local hospital. Unfortunately, my supervisor informed the clients supervisor and he got a very firm warning in regards to email policy.
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill