BREAKING: next Windows OS! (Not 9)

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
Microsoft's next OS is Windows 10

Microsoft decides to skip a digit because it's too cool for school

Windows 10 everyone

Comments

• Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    haha love it! :)

I already saw the leaks of Windows 9, sorry 10! Nice to see the start menu is back but I tend to use the taskbar to launch frequently used programs and while I use Windows 8.1 daily, the start menu it's still a bit clunky. I'm sure that's the reason they are going back to the tried and tested.
  • tkerbertkerber Member Posts: 223
    As someone who has both Windows 7 and 8.1 I am relieved to see this. I personally think Windows 8 is great IF you have a touchscreen capable device. For desktop users and the enterprise world I just never saw it catch on. I do really like the Windows app market and think that integrating that experience with a Windows 7-like feel and familiarity will be really beneficial and bring some good light back in Microsoft's direction.
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Not to sound cynical, but it must be nice to know that the only interesting thing to talk about/debate about your OS is whether or not the start menu exists/how it looks, lol.

Honestly, have you seen how many videos CBT Nuggets is pushing lately about "How to bring back the start menu in Windows 8 using Classic shell!"?

There are so many bigger fish to fry in this field and yet people are still stuck on following the progress of this OS like it's some kind of drama or sitcom
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    It is a drama and a sitcom all rolled into one, it has been since day one with Windows! I installed Classic Shell the first day on my computer, one of these days, I might downgrade and go back to windows 7 pro 64 bit, which is what I run on most of my computers.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Oh it is a drama - you have to remember the other 95%+ that don't work in IT, because they are the ones that you might end up hearing from. Also, 90% of the world runs Windows so if Microsoft messed up, the other 10% will gloat and tell you "I told you so!!" People are going to have an opinion on Windows because it's so prevelant. If the same thing were to happen to say ubuntu there wouldn't be half as much of an outcry if things changed so drastically.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow from the looks of it they really rolled back the look of Windows 8
  • MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm one of the people who actually likes Windows 8/8.1 and really loved what it gave over windows 7. I liked the quicker boot and shut down times. I truly MISS (new job doesn't let me use anything but win7) such as right clicking the start button and choosing many common programs to launch. When it came to the "Start/Metro" window, I didn't care much about that, but it really didn't hinder my use on a non-touchscreen device. I was in desktop mode 99.9% of the time and pinned frequent programs either to the task bar, or put icons on the desktop for others that I couldn't pin. Performance wise, I thought it was definitely an upgrade to windows 7. I'm excited to see what Windows 10 will have to offer that are improvements over windows 8.1 besides the "Start button" which in my mind wasn't a big deal.

It took a bit of retraining myself to use 8 when coming from 7, but I found it made me more productive when using my computer once I had figured out the differences and how to truly use it properly. Too much of the hate came from those who couldn't move past the start screen and demanded having their start button back the way they had it before. There were work arounds for sure, but those who despised windows 8 because of that silly reason really ignored the 100 ways that OS was better than 7.
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I like Windows 8.1 with Start8 installed, except for those rare occasions when I still get ripped out of the desktop interface and thrown into the Metro or "app" interface. That is still infuriating. I really hope that Windows 10 solves the identity crisis BS that plagued Windows 8/8.1. Especially where the enterprise is concerned.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm surprised by the lack of "7 ate 9" jokes.
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I actually said that joke to a couple of people when they asked why they skipped 9. It took them a little bit but they got it lol