Options

From waiting for an offer to debating between two!

Scorp6Scorp6 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well it's a good feeling having two companies make you offers and being able to negotiate using them! The job I believe I've decided on is through TEKsystems working for M&M Mars in Exton, PA. Had a phone interview as a back up plan while waiting for an offer from CSC. They told me they didn't want me to come in for an interview and they wanted me to start Monday!!

Coming from the military and this being my first IT job in the civilian world, I'm pretty happy with what I got. Thanks to everyone for your advice on interviews and me researching the company I think is what won it for me. The offer from CSC was more than I anticipated but is still a bit less than Mars and $10 more per day in tolls. It is an hourly contract that works out to about $70,100 per year. It is such an amazing feeling to have a job search pay off. It's stressful while you're doing it but never lose faith and keep your goals in mind and keep working toward them!

Comments

• Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's great to hear! Transitioning out of the military was a big source of stress for me as well. It definitely feels good to have an offer letter or two!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    Scorp6Scorp6 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!! It was very stressful and to have offers from such established companies was such a surprise! The phone interview I did not think went well and was absolutely floored to learn they wanted me to start Monday!!
  • Options
    CodyyCodyy Member Posts: 223 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good to hear man, I transition out next October and am always happy to hear about successful transitions ..unfortunately you hear way too many stories of the opposite.