70-646

Taking this in two weeks, thought I would ask for any pointers people may have.

I took the exam last week and failed with a 650. I felt confident on most of the questions. There were about 5 or so i really wasn't sure on so i know which topics to brush up on.

Anyone have good pointers? I've been using the MS R2 book, i have a VMware lab and reading the technet articles.

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I bought the book for the 646, but it felt pretty light as far as the depth of the material. The most of my study time was spent reading technet articles and labbing.

Try the step by step guides if you haven't already. The exercises in the book aren't enough.
  • GDL-LCGDL-LC Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've got mine in 3 hours. I'll let ya know what I had for some pointers (note, I won't list direct questions asked in the exam thou)
  • Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed mine. :) MCSA is now mine!

I had 4 case studies, and 21 random questions, inc 3 drag and drop's and the rest multi-choice.

Things to note:

The exam was split up, so at the end of each case study you have a box saying that once you click OK, you can't go back and undo or make changes. so in effect, it was 5 small exams which shocked me a little.

The case studies for me, really didn't highlight the information, you had to look at what they have listed, and remove that from what will do the job and pick what was left.

A few questions on DNS, DFS, ABE, Data collector sets and permissions (NFTS, DFS, GP and Server membership groups) as well as removing delegated permissions.

Good luck!
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats GDL-LC! I failed this exam before summer so I'm reading the MS Press Book again to refresh my mind on it, hopefully I'll be able to schedule it before 2015. What lab exercices did you do?
    None really, I did read technet front and back on Storage, redundancy and availability - That comes up alot.

I've found that if you have what's covered in each chapter of the books, read technet and make sure you understand the subject, and how you would use it with 08R2.
  • Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, Great work!