VCP-DCV - 5.5 Exam: Linux command line

DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
I have the privilege of working with 3 colleagues at my new employers that are VCP's one is 4.0 and the other two at 5.0 -

I'll be the newest one which will help with our VMware Preferred Partner's thingy I guess it needs to be renewed soon or something dunno how that works.... Anyways I noticed that all three of them work out issues in the command-line more times than in the GUI. However in the books none of them cover command-line. Will I need to know command-line for the 5.5 exam, if so anyone know a good resource?

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I guess they work on PowerCLI, grab the free download from VMware.com, there are tons of free resources online you could use to start learning it. Beware: PowerCLI is powerful, be careful! You wont need to learn it for the VCP, it's very handy in everyday work and useful for the VCAP-DCA test. Learn it if you can.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I suggest you reread Chapter 14 from your Scott Lowe book - he does in fact cover PowerCLI but if you don't already have PowerShell knowledge and skills you would be better served by taking a beginner's PowerShell course first.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response