Options

VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.5] Class... Yes or No?

tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
Looking over the outline for this class and I'm liking what I see. A lot of things covered I actually will be implenting for the first time in the coming months. But having taken the 5.0 ICM course I am a little weary about going through vmware courses again. Has anyone taken the 5.5 optimize and scale class? I have my eye on the VCAP-DCA for early 2015 but not looking for a 5 day course that will prepare me for that because I know there is no way that is possible in 5 days. Hoping this course will prepare for things like migration to vDS's, implementing Flash read cache, and storage,network,vm optimization. Any comments on this course from those who have taken it?

Comments

• Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took the 5.1 optimize and scale and it was heavily focused on performance, deep dive into how things worked like the cpu scheduling, network flows, performance best practices, using monitoring charts etc. I found it interesting and the instructor was good, but I took it because I was told there would be no 5.1 troubleshooting course. Then six months later they released 5.1 troubleshooting.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    I'd say yes, considering I just did this with work. we didnt a webinar version of it since were a VMware partner. - it was very beneficial especially ofr someone currently studying for the 5.5 exam.
  • Options
    tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you for the feedback
  • Options
    SimonD.SimonD. Member Posts: 111
    Late to the party I know but having completed both the Optimise and Scale and Troubleshooting courses in the last couple of months I can tell you I got a lot more out of the Troubleshooting course.
    My Blog - http://www.everything-virtual.com
    vExpert 2012\2013\2014\2015
  • Options
    mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hoping to take Optimize and Scale then Troubleshooting early next year.

Gotta milk my company for all the training I can.
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...