Interactive training materials?

MoebeddaMoebedda Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been in IT for 14 years. I have the grandfathered versions of A+, NET+, Security+ as well as ITIL, MCP, and now Lenovo AWSP in Desktops and Servers. However. For me to continue with the AWSP Server stuff, I need the COMPTIA Server+ cert and my employer offered to pay for it.

While doing the Lenovo AWSP, I really like their interactive training. It's much easier for me than to read a book. Reading books for me seem to make me tired, and I start wandering, so it's hard for me to retain much of what I read. That is just the way it is for me and has always been that way. However, Lenovo training works for me. It basically is a group of slides that show information, while a narrator reads information. After a section, there is a quiz of 5-10 questions and then it moves to the next section. I find it much easier for me to learn this way.

So my question is. Are there any vendors that have this type of interactive training and who would you recommend and why for Server+? The cost needs to be under $200 and preferably under $100.

I already have the CBT nuggets videos. I am looking for something more interactive as a compliment to the videos.

Comments

• PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Moebedda wrote: »
    Are there any vendors that have this type of interactive training and who would you recommend and why for Server+? The cost needs to be under $200 and preferably under $100.

My place me hooked up with KnowledgeNet. I didn't see server+ listed in their materials catalog, but when I searched for it is had trainings for Server+. I've never gotten into the Lenovo stuff, but what I have done in KnowledgeNet definitely sounds like what you described. Slides with a video narrator in the top left. Occasionally there are videos that are narrated or interactive mini-games.

I don't know what it costs; I think our CIO got them to donate it to us since we're a school. Also, from what I'm doing at least, it's nice because now that I'm in I can just check through any of the trainings they have on there.

And Yay! Server+ is supposed to be like A+ but with just a bit more specific knowledge of the workings of servers. Plus it's lifetime as well! Good work man!
  • PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Actually, I went checking through it more just now, it's just a book that I have access to as part of the subscription. NOT interactive training. They do have lots of interactive training on Cisco stuff, Microsoft stuff, CompTIA. These A+ and the rest are the nice interactive training.