Where to go from here

Armymanis1Armymanis1 Banned Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone.

I am new to this forum and I am wondering where to go from here and what should I specialize in. I have almost three years of experience in the IT field as a Help Desk Analyst and I am just wondering what the next step should be. I plan on finishing my Bachelors degree in Information Technology in 2015 and then I want to get out in the job market and go beyond Help Desk. What can I apply for? I was thinking Desktop Positions, but I also know I need to specialize in something. I am shooting to get back to my original pay grade of $13 an hour.

Thanks for the help :) Do you think I should renew my A+ Certification or go after Network+ once I am done with college. My A+ was acquired back in 2010 and doesn't expire. The uploading wasn't working for me correctly so i just copied and pasted it. Don't worry my formatting on the resume is better then whats shown.

[h=1][/h]

www.linkedin.com/in/matthewmcdonald1989/

Education

Eastern Washington University

Cheney, WA

June, 2015

Bachelor of Science – Applied Technology

Bellevue College Bellevue, WA June, 2014
Associates in the Arts – General Studies
Bellevue College Bellevue, WA June 2011
Associates in the Arts – Information Technology
Skills

• Experience with Technical Support over the phone
  • Customer service experience

• Cash Handling experience
  • Experience working with Active Directory

• Experience with Microsoft Office
  • Experience using ticketing systems such as: Heat, Service Now, Auto Task, Remedy

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Matthew/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG] Certifications

CompTIA A+ License #COMP001020104809 June 23rd, 2010

Work Experience

Staples

Issaquah, WA

March 2014 – September 2014

Sales Associate

Performed Cashier Duties and helped customers find products.

Nintendo

Redmond, WA

November 2013 – December 2013

Customer Service Rep (Contractor)

Took incoming calls from the United States and Canada configuring wireless routers to gaming consoles.

Starbucks

Seattle, WA

September 2013 – October 2013

Help Desk Analyst (Contractor)

Provided Technical support for various retail computer equipment and software for each store.

Denali Advanced Integration Redmond, WA May 2011-July 2013

Help Desk Analyst Provided Technical Support to 13 hospitals and businesses while following the escalation
procedures during the week and weekend.

Clubs and Organizations

Boy Scouts of America
Eagle Scout rank; Organized outings and taught other boy scouts skills needed to pass merit badges.