Options

New Challenge(s)

chrish32chrish32 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum and really have enjoyed all the information that is available here.

I've been an IT consultant for about 8 years and have a few Microsoft certs ( MCSA 2003, MCSA 2008, MCITP Server admin 200icon_cool.gif and would like to expand my knowledge. I was thinking of going the security route and would love to learn something that I could offer our clients along with the better security I would be able to provide with my new knowledge.

I thought ethical hacking would be challenging/rewarding as well as beneficial to the company I work for. Being beneficial to the company I work for would also mean expenses would be paid for...:)

Probing a potential customer's existing security or scanning our current client's security for vulnerabilities that I did not know existed before were a couple of ideas that I had in that regard. My experience is primarily with Windows systems with very minimal Linux and coding experience, but like I said I would love a new and rewarding challenge that would also make me more marketable in the future.

I was reading about CEH and OSCP and their differences and wanted to get the opinions of some IT professionals.

Is CEH and or OSCP a recommended route? If so, which do you think would be the best look into?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!