Options

ISACA Joining the ranks of entry level cert providers

QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
I thought this was interesting. It's proctored and offered online, no previous experience needed.

Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate
The Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate is a knowledge based certificate offered by ISACA. The newest element in ISACA’s Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX) program, the certificate is particularly relevant for recent college/university graduates and those looking for a career change to cybersecurity. The certificate is aligned with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE), which is compatible with global cybersecurity issues, activities and job roles. The certificate is also aligned with the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA)

The Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate exam is an online, closed-book, remotely-proctored exam. It covers: (1) Cybersecurity Concepts; (2) Cybersecurity Architecture Principles; (3) Security of Network, System, Application & Data; (4) Incident Response; and (5) Security of Evolving Technology. It includes 75 multiple-choice questions and the passing score is 65%. You will have two hours to complete the exam.

At <$200 and lacking the need to drive to a testing center, this seems aggressively competitive with Sec+ and SSCP. Is this a legit effort on the part of ISACA to help entry level workers, or a grab at more market share?

Something else that catches my eye about this...I haven't seen the word "certification" anywhere in the marketing material except when talking about navigating the ISACA website. I see "certificate", but not "certification". Just thought that was odd.