Options

CompTIA CE qualification

neonballoonneonballoon Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I have A+ Network+ prior to having to renew it but I did not keep up with CompTIA and their CE program and missed the deadline to enroll in the CE.

How would I go about converting my A+ and Network+ to CE without retaking them? I am about to take Security+ and will start studying for CASP. Reading their CE and how taking more exams gets you "CE Units", will taking Security+ and CASP earn enough points to get my A+ and Net+ to CE as well?

It's all kind of confusing how this works and any clarification would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    To my understanding, Comptia had a windows to convert "legacy" A+ and Network+ certs to their CE program. Apart from resitting them in the new program, I don't think that there's anything you can do.

These "CE Units" are for the certifications in the CE, not for those "legacy".

To be honest, why would you want to convert them anyway? The Security+ and the CASP certifications are higher anyway if you are considering the DoD 8570.01-M - the Department of Defense (DoD) requirements.

***Update***

You may want to take a look here, re "Good for Life" Continuing Education Candidates enrolment.
  • Options
    neonballoonneonballoon Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, it looks like there is no way for me to convert my legacy "good for life" certs to CE.
    I wanted to convert them originally to fill all DoD 8570 IAT and IAM levels 1-3 but I think you are right as long as I have the higher level certs on the DoD chart the level 1s are irrelevant. I will be taking Security+ next week skipping CASP and going straight for CISSP after which fulfills IAM and IAT levels 2-3.