Options

Cisco 1720 question

SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
Hey everyone,
I recently discovered an out of use cisco 1720 at my job and decided to use it to segment off a lab network to study with in my free time. I'm very inexperienced with cisco and had a question regarding what i plug in the differenent segments. I'll try and describe the back -

There are 2 modules, both are the same. They say "T1 DSU/CSU" For some reason I would assume I'd plug one of my lan segments in there and the other one in the other one.

I see the port marked "10/100 Ethernet" and another port marked "AUX". I've done some searching on google but didnt pull up much I could make use of.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ok dsu are used for T1 type serial lines. what you would need to plug in a ethernet network to another port you would have to replace the card with a WIC 1E (e is for ethernet)... the 10/100 port is ethernet already hope this helps
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    o ok, thanks. do you know where I could purchase a WIC 1E? I searched ebay and couldn't find much.
  • Options
    Along similar lines, once I am able to locate the WIC 1E cards, will I be able to route between 2 networks using just one router? Meaning could I do this -

NetworkA
    |
    |
    Router1720
    |
    |
    NetworkB

Or would each network need it's own router? This isn't really for production purposes, it's really just so I can stage some workstations for a new site, while I wait for the production routers installation.
  • Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    SRTMCSE wrote:
    o ok, thanks. do you know where I could purchase a WIC 1E? I searched ebay and couldn't find much.
    It's actually called a WIC-1ENET. Do a search on Google for WIC-1ENET and you'll find it.
  • Options
    Fantastic, found a bunch w/ that. Thanks!!