Post 9/11 GI BIll and Certs - are they covered?

2»

Comments

• SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I've never been using it at the exact same time, but I honestly can't imagine it would be an issue.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I never filed for reimbursement for a certification at the same time as I was going to school, but I did afterwards.

I took Sec+ in March of 2013 while I was enrolled full time online but didn't file for reimbursement until August of that year when I wasn't in school. Wasn't an issue.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the clarification, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    If you're in San Antonio, try New Horizons for CCNA and CompTIA courses with exams at the end. My buddy spent a good deal of his benefits there and they were accepted no problem. He did A+, Net+, Sec+, CCENT, CCNA, and CCNA Security.

Edit: I meant SiloTech as mentioned below.

Thanks for the info. I have contacted them, however the issue is that they have to have so many folks registered before they can do a class.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Just to confirm: I was able to use my Post 9/11 Bonus year (if you zero out Ch 30, you get one additional year of benefits from ch 33) to pay for my CISM exam, so it can be done.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • computerblue14computerblue14 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bump...

Has anyone successfully used the Post 9/11 GI Bill just to pay for a cert? I didn't take a course but paid for SEC+ last week out of pocket. I have filled out many forms and have to mail some into the regional office as well. There really isn't a great amount of info online in connecting all the dots.