Options

it cert path for cs grad

Cyber NinjaCyber Ninja Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and have been going through the different threads on certification suggestions. I'm in a bit of a unique situation. This December I'll be graduating with a degree in computer science.
I recently got a part time position at a NOC and so far it's been great. It's a small company so I really get to see and be a part of every aspect of the company. They offer to pay for cerifications but I'm not sure where to start since pepole get the entry certifications to get this job. My goal is to go into information security one day but I'm not sure where to start. Any type of help would be great. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    What are you working with now? You are really going to see the benefit of certification when you have accompanying hands on experience with the technology.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You have an interest in infosec and you work in a NOC, so Security+ and/or CCENT --> CCNA: Security would be a good place to start. I believe others here will suggest placing CCNA:RS between the CCENT and CCNA: Security.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Cyber NinjaCyber Ninja Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Right now they have me working with basic helpdesk rquests like exhange, active directory, removing viruses, etc. They definitely encourage me to shadow the senior guys and learn more of the stuff that they do. We only have one network engineer but he is leaving in a year so I'm hoping I can learn from him and maybe take on that position for now.