Options

IP Security Technologies

Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anybody know of a good resource to learn on IP Security technologies? I feel I am very lacking in these areas that utilize cryptography for traffic encryption, GET VPN, IP SEC tunneling etc,

I know there were some items covered on a VERY generic basis regarding IPSEC GRE tunneling in Route and I may need to go back and study a bit more on those but I feel I am lacking in other methodologies for encrypted traffic either through tunneling or MPLS.
Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
"Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    White papers and labbing are probably your best friend.
  • Options
    joetestjoetest Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCNP Security - VPN series icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    I've got here "Inside Network Perimeter Security" (Sans GCFW Certification) and "Network Security Technologies" (CCIE Professional Development).

Both of them are great, but the difference is:
    INPS goes deeply in the mechanics, like the encryption protocols, hashing, tunneling, transport mode, etc.
    NST focuses more on the actual implementation (on a Cisco world) of these techniques, covering from IPsec implementation (cry maps, tunnel interfaces) to GETVPN and remote access.

The combination of both are really good, btw.
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    joetest wrote: »
    CCNP Security - VPN series icon_smile.gif

Might have to do that!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi