Options

Going to tackle SITCS

Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
I'm posting this to continue the tradition of posting for my previous 3 exams in CCNP:Security. This is the last test I need to take to finish this track.

Turns out the OCG's for this series are likely pushed back even further than Janurary, and that is why I took SISAS without waiting for the OCG. I managed to do SISAS in 2 tries by using some videos on ISE and reading the hell out of Cisco documentation. In retrospect I actually learned that I like this method of studying more than just an OCG because the documentation is usually based on use cases and edge scenarios.

I'm planning on doing the same for SITCS and already have a ton of notes for this exam. The Exam Blueprints are crucial especially now when there is no official material from Cisco for these tests.

I am looking to spend perhaps one more weekend immersing myself in this track (specifically the IPS section, this test is like the old IPS exam + Next generation threat control so all the old IPS material is still relevant and you could be asked to implement old school IPS on this new SITCS exam.
Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University

Comments

• Options
    If anyone is wondering where I got the part about the OCGs being pushed back, the Amazon pages for the books used to say Janurary 2015 but now say March 2015. Here is SENSS for example:

http://www.amazon.com/Security-SENSS-300-206-Official-Certification/dp/1587144271/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414030223&sr=8-1&keywords=senss
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Vask3n,

Good Luck! with the SITCS. I recently took and passed SITCS to complete my CCNP Security. The study material I used was the following.

Cisco Email Security Appliance Self-Paced (Cisco Learning Network Premium Library)
    Cisco Web Security Appliance Self-Paced (Cisco Learning Network Premium Library)
    Intrusion Prevention Fundamentals
    Cisco IPS 642-627 OCG ( I Recommend )
    INE Expert 642-627 VOD
    I also purchased the ESA Book but I didn't really get through it (plan to some day)
    Cisco ASA CX User Guide
    Searching Cisco Documentation for WSA/ESA/CWS
  • Options
    Vask3n,

Good Luck! with the SITCS. I recently took and passed SITCS to complete my CCNP Security. The study material I used was the following.

Cisco Email Security Appliance Self-Paced (Cisco Learning Network Premium Library)
    Cisco Web Security Appliance Self-Paced (Cisco Learning Network Premium Library)
    Intrusion Prevention Fundamentals
    Cisco IPS 642-627 OCG ( I Recommend )
    INE Expert 642-627 VOD
    I also purchased the ESA Book but I didn't really get through it (plan to some day)
    Cisco ASA CX User Guide
    Searching Cisco Documentation for WSA/ESA/CWS

Thanks for the heads up on the Self-Paced Cisco vids, I am going to purchase these right now and check them out.

Edit: Also, congratulations on finishing this track, it really is a beast of a challenge