Options

Can I automatically obtain more certs after getting Linux+ certified?

rbrenessrbreness Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello, everybody!

I'm new to this forum, so this is my first post! I got attracted to this forum for the several discussions and help that you, the community, offer to everybody!

In this first topic, I'm asking for your help, to help me get clarify about a topic I read in another forum on the net, stating that once you get Linux+ certified you can inmediately get LPIC-1, Novell CLA and Novell DCTS certified. So, the question is: is that advantage and MEGA combo of certifications (:D) still available in these days (the topic I read was from 2012 I guess)?

If it's still available, has anyone from this forum already made this procedure to get the rest of the certs after Linux+? What is the current procedure?

Thanks in advance for your valious help and it's a pleasure to meet you all!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the link, is this the current procedure? I mean, this link is from 2011, nothing has changed since then?

And is the same partnership between CompTIA, LPI and Novell still existing up to these days (so that we can get the 4 certs in one shot)?
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    I only see Linux+ and LPIC-1, but to me it really doesn't matter. One of the certs is SUSE. We have a Cray here that runs SUSE, if someone came to be and said they had a SUSE I would ask them which systems they had worked on. If you only had that piece of paper and not actual experience with it, its pointless. We had a guy at my last job with a Linux+ cert. One night he was alone and had call for help in NFS mounting a filesystem. That cert did him no good.

CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI Certification
  • Options
    brownwrap, thanks for the aditional information about the experience needed for the cert and it's usability, but I wanted info about this: If NOW I get certified in Linux+, will I still be able to obtain the 3 extra certifications (LPIC-1, CLA and DCTS) as stated by the link from 2011 that you provided me?
  • Options
    southsouth Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, this is still valid. I just did it last week. Just select to forward your test results to the lpi when you take your linux+. You can get verification codes to register for the other certs. After I took the test it took less than five days to get all three certifications verified.
  • Options
    Wow, excellent! Thanks!