Options

I just passed SY-301

nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
After a month of putting off the test, I just passed the SY-301 with a score of 805. I'm not going to lie, if I hadn't pulled an all-nighter (midnight-9AM) before the test at 10AM, I might not have passed. I hardcore reviewed two objectives and I feel like 1/2 of my exam was on those objectives.
I'm so happy to get this exam out of the way as I can move on to some of the other exams that were required for WGU.

Study Materials used -

Professor Messer videos
Darril Gibson GCGA Premium site and SY-301 Study Guide - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006VYZFW2/ref=docs-os-doi_0
This forum.
2020 Goals
work-life balance

Comments

• Options
    GuistinoGuistino Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what's going on at wgu? are you getting some certs to save some money on a degree? which one and did you get any financial aide?
  • Options
    I won't be able to start until January or February so I made a list of all the certs that had been on my to-do list, the next one I'm going after is Project Plus, then my CCNA. I'm doing certs because I can knock out a term of WGU credits for half the cost. I don't qualify for financial aide so it's all coming out of pocket.

If I can finish the CCNA and Projec + that will leave me with only 65 remaining credits.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • Options
    GuistinoGuistino Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    so how many certs do you have? if you already had most of the ones for the degree can you skip all that stuff?
  • Options
    I have a MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012 and a MCITP Data base Administration that essentially knocked out most of my IT courses. I transferred in an amazing 3 credits from a failed attempt at community college a few years ago.

The CCNA is a cert I had been working on studying for earlier this year before I got my new job so I shouldn't have a problem with getting it done by Feb.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance