Options

New forums?

WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
I'm thinking of doing the following, please let me know what you think:

- Create a General (or General Certification) forum above the Off-topic forum.
- Move all the General CompTIA, MS and Cisco posts to the General forum and delete these forums.

I'm thinking of doing this because it will provide a place to discuss other certs than MS, Cisco, and CompTIA, and I think it will look better, especially when we add other forums for specific exams.

General will be for all general certification chat (anything not directly related to a specific exam for which we have a forum.)

Off-topic for anything IT or computer related (no certifications), for example: "Hi", "I lost a user account", Jobs, etc.

What do you think? Should I.....?

Comments

• Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    being a MOD on another site.. your going to create and delete forums more than you think.. i say try it.. if it doesnt work out the way you think.. you can always recreate the original format.

POST the new forum with the info, as your doing and let the ball roll..

im up for a change.. lets see how it works out.

goodluck.
  • Options
    Thanks for your opinion tokhss :)

Changing it back will be a bit more work than combining them, but sure, that is an option.

I'll wait a day or so and see how other members (and mods) and guests feel about this.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Works for me - Off Topic isn't really vendor or certification specific is it?
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    I think that is a good idea. (IMO) i think you should also combine both A+ forums.

pandimus
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Yeah, I think a general/other certification forum would be useful.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. It's done. :D