Options

ccvp study material - suggestion needed

voipnutvoipnut Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi
I plan to take the CCVP exams. Can someone suggest proper study material for the papers.. I plan on taking the Qos exam first. Pls. suggest study guides for the 4 papers...

Comments

• Options
    texicantexican Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For QoS, I used "Cisco QOS Exam Certification Guide, 2nd Ed." by Wendell Odom, Michael Cavanaugh from Cisco Press. It lays the info out pretty well.

If you're sure that you want to travel the CCVP road, then I would also suggest the IP Telephony Flash Card book, also from Cisco Press. It has flash cards and a CD with an exam engine for QoS, CVOICE, and CIPT. The summary section for each test will also fill in any holes that other books might leave.

If you have login access to cisco.com, there is plenty of info to look over there as well.
  • Options
    voipnutvoipnut Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How is this CCVP certification valued in the market now. I hv. CCNP certification and was wondering if a voice certification would add any merit in thejob market ? From thejob perspective is it worth it ?
  • Options
    texicantexican Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you are just planning to work for a company with separate data and voice networks with no intention of merging them, I don't think the CCVP will help you at all. It might get you in the door and be a good tie breaker, but I wouldn't see it as having a big impact on a prospective employer. If you apply for a voip related job, I would think it's the same as any cert... definately a plus, but if you don't have some sort of experience to back it up, well, you better be good at selling yourself.