Options

CCENT Exam on 11/14/2014 Any advice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Forum

I have been asking this question for some time. Any advice on the CCENT? I have been passing the Boson practice exams with 804+ and I have been passing the Pearson practice tests with 800s (1 with a 755 but come on). Anyway, I can't back out after this testing date and I am getting the last minute nerves. Gotta keep calm or all is for nothing. Besides the typical subnetting, time management on the exam and you can't go back once you answer the question and sims etc, what have people mostly being tested on recently since Cisco adds silent updates to their exams (besides exam objectives which I feel fine with)? Gracias!

Comments

• Options
    BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Subnetting was a large percentage of my test. I would know OSPF troubleshooting and know your security along with common show commands.
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can tell you what they are getting on their exam as it would violate the NDA. I know it's not what you want to hear, but learn the objectives and you will be good to go. It's not overly complicated.

Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Think about your day of exam.
    No cramming. Good rest and a light meal. Whatever you do to relax do that before the test.

At this point you should know the material and just be practicing.

For the practice tests I'll tell you what works for me. I sit down for the test with a blank pad. As I read questions and answers I write down anything that I can't explain on the pad. If it is an abbreviation I don't know or just something I can't recall at test time that's what I put on my list.

Use this list as a guide to things you need to review. In a practice test you don't want to know the answer you want to know why every answer is right or wrong. When your studying it's easy to think you understand something when it's all explained to you. What I'm saying is use the practice test to realize on your own what you didn't completely get after you were done studying.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took my CCENT exam last week. Like many other people, I twisted myself into a knot too and got nervous too. One of the best things you could do before exam day, have enough rest, wake up early, and have a good breakfast. (I received this advice from Jon_Cisco and it makes you feel/think better) Without breaking the confidentiality of the exam, watch this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hQoqa-jItg

Maybe, twice daily.

Also, study device security.

And of course everything else is pretty much common knowledge if you have been in the field for a while. I was reading some questions and would have liked some tougher ones for sure. :D
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What are you using as a simulator? Packet Tracer, GNS3, or a lab? If you're comfortable with one of those and with show commands, then I'd say follow along with the objectives on Cisco's website for ICND1, make sure you're good with subnetting, and you should be good.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Know your subnetting and the commands you learned. Also, review the exam topics. 100-101 ICND1 - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

Best of luck, bud!
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Be very good with Subnetting! I mean, be able to subnet within 20secs or so