Options

560 Advice

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
Ok, well I said screw it, I'm going for 560 with the GPEN exam. Going to take it via Simulcast. Now I know the books will be sufficient but i'm starting to read Penetration Testing: A Hands-on Introduction to Hacking by Georgina Weidman, going to try to burn through as much as I can in the next week in a half through prior to the course.

Hoping for some advice before I start, any tools I need to get some practice with before I start? Any videos that would be of use to view? Anything absent more books to buy :p Preferably free stuff, paying out of pocket once again.

EDIT: I also have a 504 Practice exam I can give away, expires on January 15th.

Comments

• Options
    lolo974lolo974 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think this list of video will be good help for the exploitation and post-exploitation part.

Pentesting with Metasploit
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well I was gonna volunteer to take the practice exam off your hands, but it's not really the area I am into. But if you want to get rid of it, I'll take a flyer on it.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    MattSCMattSC Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm interested in the 504 practice exam. I'll give you a 503 (GCIA) practice exam in return.
  • Options
  • Options
    MattSCMattSC Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    Hmm. When does the GCIA expire?

January 4, 2015
  • Options
    buddhabytebuddhabyte Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey SephStorm, looks like we're going to be tackling the GPEN around the same time! Any tips? Do you have any extra practice exam by any chance?
  • Options
    I haven't gotten my material yet so I can't say for sure. We'll see if I need both practice exams.

Matt, I'll let you know, but I'm not sure if i'll be ready for another GIAC exam this year.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just got my books today. Race you to the end Seph... ;)

Mine is OnDemand, so I guess I have a little advantage :)
  • Options
    TearstoneTearstone Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is the next class/exam that I want to tackle after I am done with the GWAPT. This class is taught by Ed Skoudis which is an amazing instructor, really all the SANS instructors are amazing.

From what I can tell, need to get comfortable with nmap and it's associated switches.

Good luck guys!