Options

82% on GetCerfied GetAhead Practice Exam

reubs6reubs6 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
I may be freaking out too much, but I finally finished the book for the 301 exam this past Saturday. I finally had a chance to do the practice exam this morning, and I got 18 wrong out of 100, leaving me with a 82%, which would be just short of passing the real exam. I hear that the real test is around 75 questions and I for some reason I bombed 7 of the last 20 questions, so if the test was out of 75 I would have gotten a 85 (I know that doesn't really matter but I'm trying to boost my self esteem). A couple questions I knew the right answer, I just ended up second guessing myself on stuff I KNOW I know. I've already scheduled my exam for next Saturday. Should I have reason for concern? When I take other practice quizzes from offline, I'm hit and miss, mostly because they're not worded well or are worded nowhere near what I will see on the real exam. I'm wondering if I should push the exam back or just touch up on a few topics, mainly cryptography. I feel confident overall, I just don't want to fail. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Plans for 2017
PMP-September

Comments

• Options
    tboetboe Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think your foundation of knowing the material is set. I would suggest that you find your weak points and drill yourself in those areas. I would highly recommend and since your exam is just around the corner, to purchase darril Gibson premium content his material will help you a great deal before the test. heres the link for his site....

Get Certified Get Ahead | Get Certified Get Ahead Premium Content
  • Options
    Thanks, yea I've thought about getting that but the only real benefit I see is additional practice questions. I already purchased his mobile app, which has flash cards and questions for each section of the test. I have simulation practice questions that someone posted in a PDF from the InfoSec Institute already to help with the simulation questions. I've also already created audio files for the remember this sections of the book and have as of last night narrowed them down to the ones I need to work on. I think as you said, I just need to drill down on my weak areas for the next week and a half. Cryptography messed me up, as I said I got 7 of the last 20 questions wrong, mainly dealing with cryptography. If I focus on that and really make sure I pay attention to the easier questions I know I have down, I should be OK. Thanks for the feedback.
    Plans for 2017
    PMP-September
  • Options
    tboetboe Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ok, no prob....and I do agree cryptograhy is the most challenging part of this exam and I think since its only like 11% of the exam, missing one of those questions will weigh heavily on your overall score. so buckle down on that section buddy, the forum is here for you if you need any clarification....icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Really? I would've assumed that since it was a small part of the exam it wouldn't affect my score as much? I haven't heard much about anything being weighted heavier than others besides the SIMS.
    Plans for 2017
    PMP-September