Options

Job sponsoring for a certification..

GGrillGGrill Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm on track for studying for the 70-410 currently to obtain the MCSA on my personal time, but my job offered to pay for the CISSP exam cost if I want to take it.. Since I'm interested in the Systems and Virtualization path would the CISSP benefit me at all? Should I turn down the opportunity?

Comments

• Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Are they going to pay for any other than the exam cost? If not, then the CISSP won't directly benefit you and your career goals (although, having a good knowledge of INFOSEC fundamentals is never a bad thing).

On the other hand, if your company is going to send you to a boot camp and provide you with other study materials, then its totally worth it - you should always take advantage of free training!
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you feel comfortable with studying for it, I'd recommend taking them up on the opportunity. I'm in the opposite situation - I have the CISSP, and I'm considering going for an MCSA even though it's not in my direct line of work. I think that any exposure to technologies and concepts can be helpful in indirect ways, and CISSP will definitely help you think about the security aspects of systems and virtualization as well as the big picture of information systems security.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...