Options

Certification path for Help Desk Supervisor?

Armymanis1Armymanis1 Banned Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone. I really like being on the help desk side of things and I found out I was really good at it before I left my company after two years. I want to eventually become a Help Desk Supervisor. Right now as many of you know I have an Associates in IT, Comptia A+, and I am going to finish my Bachelors of Science in Information Technology in June 2015. Now After I finish school I know I need a microsoft cert and I was planning on getting Windows Server 2012 MCITP because I am most known for having Active Directory knowledge among my ex co workers. That is also the skill they most endorsed me for besides help desk and troubleshooting on my linkedin profile.

Question, is the ITIL worth getting along with the MCITP cert? Should I get the ITIL first and then go for the Microsoft Server 2012 MCITP certifications? I never plan on having a family as this does not interest me, so the rotating help desk schedule is fine as long as I am not stuck on the overnight shift. I already have 2 years help desk experience and bunch of endorsements and recommendations on my linkedin profile for those who are curious:

Comments