Options

video training

dynamitekiddynamitekid Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Question for those who passed the 70-640 and used video training, which video training helped you the most. I plan on ordering a video subscription and reading the technet articles posted on the forum to study for the 70-640

Comments

• Options
    ShabazTechShabazTech Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For my Server 2008 exams, I used CBT Nuggets, and I feel they were of good assistance. But I would definitely complement videos with a book. The 70-640 official training kit is quite good, so I recommend picking it up as well. Technet articles are of course a great resource.
    shabaztech.com - Notes of an IT Pro
  • Options
    edgar2387edgar2387 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    IMO, the most helpful for me when I took the exam was IT Free Training for 70-640 on youtube, only resource I purchased was the MS press book, solid, although most disagree, but then again, what book is going to give you a live scenario, most important, used the labs at MS technet, VERY HELPFUL mate, good luck icon_study.gif
  • Options
    DeekyDeeky Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm currently studying for 70-642 now but when I did 70-640 video resources were great, I used CBT along youtube/technet plus the official training.

Videos will give you an understanding of the topics however it will not be enough to pass the exam, as the others have suggested getting a book is quite useful and more in-depth.
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Passed using some CBT nugget videos and mostly pluralsight (used to be trainsignal).

Lab the crap out of the book and topics, read a lot of technet and know your stuff.
  • Options
    dynamitekiddynamitekid Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Lexluethar wrote: »
    Passed using some CBT nugget videos and mostly pluralsight (used to be trainsignal).

Lab the crap out of the book and topics, read a lot of technet and know your stuff.

Which was more helpful, cbt nuggets or pluralsight?
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Taking EVERYTHING into account, pluralsight. Pluralsight was like half the price and the quality of the videos aren't that much different. Either way, whether you go with CBT or pluralsight you CANNOT pass this exam on videos alone, so why not spend half the money, go with pluralsight and supplement elsewhere.

Been a while since i've had CBT, but pluraslight allows you to set the speed of the video, saves where you left off and keeps track of your progress through the web and their app.

Bottom line, no ONE source is enough for these POS MS exams, you have to use the book, online resources, video training and have a photographic memory to pass them legitly.
  • Options
    fenixrawfenixraw Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great Post: Use CBT nugget videos and mostly pluralsight (used to be trainsignal) Lab the crap out of the book and topics, read a lot of technet and know your stuff.