Options

A+, Network +, and CCNA. What to expect jobwise?

oxymoron5koxymoron5k Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, I will be moving to Florida with these certs in the near future. When I move I will have a little under 2 years experience with networking (small business/home). I know its a bit of a general/popular question so I will try to narrow it down a little. I am just curious if you could help me with what to expect/seek for jobwise when I move. I am definitely hoping for a raise since my current job is an entry level in a mom and pop shop. Is there a general salary I should expect or at least take under consideration? I know it depends on the job and what I want to do but I guess I'm not to sure with those credentials if I have the value to start being a little picky or just take what I can get still. And also I am very curious on salary. I would think 30,000 and up would be realistic at that point. What do you guys think?? Thanks for your time and help!

Comments

• Options
    IIIMasterIIIMaster Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It depends on the part of Florida you live in and what actual experience you have with smb customers. Also your pay differs base upon the job you looking for.
  • Options
    Yes you should see at least 30k working IT in florida, unless your doing tier I pc help desk work.
  • Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    I often hear it's difficult to get an IT job in FL. Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    oxymoron5koxymoron5k Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will be moving to Fort Lauderdale. And I have a lot of experience working with small business customers. I have worked on networks for doctor offices, law firms, pawn shops, factories and everything else under the sun. I am just trying to figure out what to expect really. I dont want a help desk job that's all I know. I was hoping around 40,000 and up but I wasnt sure if that was realistic. I dont have any specific job I am looking for.
  • Options
    oxymoron5k wrote: »
    I will be moving to Fort Lauderdale. And I have a lot of experience working with small business customers. I have worked on networks for doctor offices, law firms, pawn shops, factories and everything else under the sun. I am just trying to figure out what to expect really. I dont want a help desk job that's all I know. I was hoping around 40,000 and up but I wasnt sure if that was realistic. I dont have any specific job I am looking for.

Yeah if your supporting networks you should see at least 40k help desk or not. My girlfriend is from there and want to move back there, me personally I don't like it down there.