Study Guide for 801 and 802

neoedneoed Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I plan on taking the A+ 801 and 802 test next month and I am looking for some study guides that will help me remember all the needed information. I've looked the forum over to see a few helpful posts and some recommending a exam cram book. I rather just get a few free study guides if possible as taking the test themselves will be costing enough money as is.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Any certificate worth obtaining will likely have you put forth a little cash. You are making an investment into your future and your future value.

That said, CompTIA always offers a free download to their objectives for each exam they offer. This is a great place to start, but even with the objectives in hand, I would also have a text or two. You can visit good libraries and find copies, locate slightly used texts or break down and purchase new...lots of options and really no excuse to not have some good material.

(FWIW - no one has unlimited funds to buy everything that they may want, we make choices, forego some coffee or lunches or games or movies or pizza or car washes...whatever it takes to scrap up the money to invest in your own future). Meyers and Sybex texts are very good for the beginning certs for CompTIA.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • hisesahisesa Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux, Microsoft Certification Training has loads of free videos you can watch. There are also some nice study guides there that you can download for $10 per exam. That's about as cheap as they get. Also, if you look back through this forum there's been a couple of people who have posted study guides they have put together.

Best of luck to you.
  • neoedneoed Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    Any certificate worth obtaining will likely have you put forth a little cash. You are making an investment into your future and your future value.

That said, CompTIA always offers a free download to their objectives for each exam they offer. This is a great place to start, but even with the objectives in hand, I would also have a text or two. You can visit good libraries and find copies, locate slightly used texts or break down and purchase new...lots of options and really no excuse to not have some good material.

(FWIW - no one has unlimited funds to buy everything that they may want, we make choices, forego some coffee or lunches or games or movies or pizza or car washes...whatever it takes to scrap up the money to invest in your own future). Meyers and Sybex texts are very good for the beginning certs for CompTIA.

I completely agree no one has unlimited funds, but it would take a pretty long and detailed argument to convince me to spend money on the test which I view to be completely over priced.

Anyways, I already have the mike myers books for managing and troubleshooting PCs for a related college class, just need something more condense and easy to review the needed subjects.

@hisesa,

I suppose that is as cheap as it gets.

Thanks for the info guys :)