Options

Resume Critique

cwshellhamercwshellhamer Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
Please offer any help advise/critiques on my Current resume. Looking to just get into the field. I can pass the N+ but just dont have $300 to drop.

publicresume.doc

PS: I understand that where I attained my Associates degree from is caustic to my Resume but I didn't know that before I enrolled icon_sad.gif

PPS: anyone know why it wouldn't let me upload a .docx word file extension?
HAVE: A+
Working on: N+, CCENT
Associates Degree: Lincoln Technical Institute ( DO NOT GO!)
Bachelors degree in progress: Computer Information Systems and Cyber security - Strayer University

Comments

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A few quick things.

Your resume should begin with a professional summary, then followed by an education section and a certification section. No need to list A+ at the top of the resume next to your name like that.

The qualifications section can be incorporated into the professional summary section to create a competent summary using complete sentences.

No need to list high school because you have a college degree. You can delete that.

That should at least give you some ideas on where to go from here.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tate-cameron---cio-resume-new.pdf

Take a look at how a great resume looks. Now granted this person is deep in their career. But the format you can still use for yours. Note the paragraph summary for each job and bullets for special accomplishments.

Try your best to format yours like this. start with a summary of your skillset. then key skill areas, then get into the experience.
  • Options
    Thanks guys :) I will reformat it and post what I come up with.
    Bachelors degree in progress: Computer Information Systems and Cyber security - Strayer University
  • Options
    Took your guys' advice and made a few changes. I do not however like how it spilled over to the next page and it is not a full page. Any other thoughts?
  • Options
    CyberSecurityCyberSecurity Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8eeheewvkxudjf/LastFirst_20141112.docx?dl=0

The link will lead to my edit of your resume. This format is what landed me my current job in Cyber Security. I left some of my old stuff on there to give you a feel of how to edit it.
    Ph.D. IT [UC] - 50% complete
    M.S.C.I.A. [WGU] - Completed 6/2018
    B.S.I.T.M. [WGU] - Completed 4/2017
  • Options
    On your template what going into the COMP field you have after the certification?
  • Options
    CyberSecurityCyberSecurity Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I put my A+ Certification # there. A lot of companies like to verify you actually hold the cert (Since a cert could be photo-shopped), so providing the # allows them to independently verify through the official website.
    Ph.D. IT [UC] - 50% complete
    M.S.C.I.A. [WGU] - Completed 6/2018
    B.S.I.T.M. [WGU] - Completed 4/2017
  • Options
    OOO ok, well I substituted my information on the resume with mine and im going add that little bit in there now.