Options

CompTia Certmaster

PeterHandsPeterHands Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone has tried CompTia's new CertMaster? Any reviews on it.

Im currently wading my way through Darril Gibsons Sec+ 401 book.
ISC2 CISSP, EC-Council CEH, CompTia Security+

Comments

• Options
    psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did the free portion for the Sy0-301 when it was still available. I thought it was pretty good. I may use it for A+, Net+, or Linux + if the Linux+ becomes available on the Certmaster.
  • Options
    The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    I'm using the paid version of Certmaster right now to study for the Security+ exam... I like the program. I just wish it were priced less - I paid $149. I think a better deal would have been $99.

As for the effectiveness, I will have to wait and see once I pass the exam.
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • Options
    Its expensive at about £85. I also use CBT Nuggets and their Transcender exam. Is it really worth the extra few £££
  • Options
    The_Expert wrote: »
    I'm using the paid version of Certmaster right now to study for the Security+ exam... I like the program. I just wish it were priced less - I paid $149. I think a better deal would have been $99.

As for the effectiveness, I will have to wait and see once I pass the exam.

What else are you using to help you study?

Im using Darril Gibsons book and CBT Nuggets online videos. Lucky for me my work pays the CBT Nuggets subscription