Options

Warehouse onsite tech a good start

techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have been pursued for a 1 month contract as an onsite tech at a large warehouse. I can't get much of a job description out of the recruiters I've talked to so far but it sounds like fixing printers and occasional laptop break/fix. The pay is well above average but it has long hours and it would be my sole responsibility to resolve the issues. I'm not much of a printer guy, very rarely had issues, mainly replacing ink. I also asked if there was regular bending over, which I'm not supposed to do for at least another year, they weren't sure. I asked them if I could talk to someone that knows about the position or shadow someone, they said they'd get back to me but I doubt they will with how they ended the conversation. It sounds mildly interesting to me. I don't like the lack of info but can understand with a new position, don't like printer troubleshooting and the long hours, but it's only 2 days a week. Another thing I'm skeptical on is being solely responsible for resolving the issue, I have some experience on the vague job duties but if I can't handle something I like a backup and there is none here except the internet. What I like is no customer interaction and the pay is really good. A few questions:

1. Is this a good start into IT for someone wanting to learn and advance?
2. Is regular bending over in these types of roles common?
3. Is asking to shadow or speak to someone with more info about the position a mistake?
4. Should I be trying to contact them and see if they can setup a face-to-face interview to hopefully find out more?
5. I've read asking questions about the position is really beneficial by gaining knowledge and also shows interest but when the person doesn't know the answers what can be done? I have seen this to be very common with recruiters.
2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)

Comments

• Options
    cwshellhamercwshellhamer Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They probably said that as a CYA (cover your ***) type of statement. I have seen that on virtually all jobs i have filled out. What i foresee for you is mostly picking equipment up off of desks and what not. I could only assume that would standard at any IT job.
    HAVE: A+
    Working on: N+, CCENT
    Associates Degree: Lincoln Technical Institute ( DO NOT GO!)
    Bachelors degree in progress: Computer Information Systems and Cyber security - Strayer University