Options

Route Summarization

mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
Is this topic actually on the CCNA? The Sybex book goes into it with some shortcut that is really confusing me. It uses block sizes. I have a CCNP book in my bookshelf that makes it look easier by writing out the binary 1's and 0's and matching them. I can do that okay, but on a timed test that will take a while. I would really like to know if this is tested on the CCNA. In the real world I will be fine with it because I can write it out with pen and paper and figure it out.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole

Comments

• Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As far as I remember Router Summarization itself is not a topic in CCNA. I think this will be covered in the BSCI exam for CCNP.

Subnetting is the most important skill to proof in the CCNA exam. Make sure you can do that as fast as possible icon_smile.gif

HTH,
    Lordy
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    I wonder then why Todd Lamelle dedicates a few pages on this topic in version 5 if it's only on the CCNP exam.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

• Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the 4th edition to get my CCNA in 03/2005. I can't remember it being in there.

Even if it was I can't remember specific questions on that in my exam icon_smile.gif

It sure doesn't hurt reading and knowing but I would say it's definitely not a major topic.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    lordy wrote:
    I used the 4th edition to get my CCNA in 03/2005. I can't remember it being in there.

Even if it was I can't remember specific questions on that in my exam icon_smile.gif

It sure doesn't hurt reading and knowing but I would say it's definitely not a major topic.

Yeah it is new to the 5th edition. That is why I was wondering if it was included in more recent CCNA exams.